4 Weight Loss Snack Ideas to Beat the 11am Munchies



It’s 11am and you have the munchies! Panic‼!

No, you don’t need to panic! You can have a snack and still lose weight – trust me!

Too many people start to struggle when they’re hungry. There was something lately in the news – and on This Morning – that the British people love a biscuit with their cuppa. It’s so true!

When I go to the coffee shop, I’ll usually have a muffin or small slice of cake. When I have my 10am cuppa, I’ll have something to eat with it – and same with my 3pm cuppa.

The trick is learning how to deal with it and not letting it affect your weight loss. You can lose weight and have a treat! You can lose weight and snack! You just have to pick the right things, track and eat in moderation.

Wondering what to have? Here are some of my favourites:

A yogurt with some bran flakes

I like the crunch so I’ll have a Mullerlight yogurt and add some bran flakes. Bran flakes are a great low fat/high fibre option and it only takes a few to flesh out that yogurt. I’ll sometimes mix a few pieces of fruit in too, depending on my breakfast.

The best thing about the Mullerlight yogurts is that they come in so many different flavours. It’s really easy to capture a craving I’ve got at 11am, whether I want some Turkish delight or want to keep it simple with mandarin or vanilla.

Chopped vegetables and humus or salsa dip

Chop up a few vegetables, like carrots, celery and cucumber to have with low fat dips like salsa and humus.

There’s so many different vegetables that you can add with these, including broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes.

I snacked on these throughout my pregnancy – for some reason this was my craving – and loved the fact that they were so filling. I only needed one carrot chopped up and a couple of cherry tomatoes and I was set until lunch time.

They’re also really easy to take to work or college if you need them.

Crisp bread/crackers with soft cheese

I’ve already said that I love snacks with a crunch so crisp bread (like Ryvitas) and crackers are a favourite with a bit of soft cheese. I’ve been known to eat them for lunch too instead of bread for a sandwich!

I love the different flavours that you can get – at the moment it’s the one with the seeds (in the green packet).

They work with many toppings and are much better for you than bread. Of course, it depends on the type of diet you’re one (but I don’t agree with those that cut out all the carbs).

Mixed Nut and Dried Fruit

If you need something really easy to take to work with you, why not pack a small tub of mixed nuts and fruit. You can get the packets from the supermarket or even do your own mix and match to suit your tastes.

Nuts are full of fibre and burn energy slowly so just a handful will give you enough energy until lunch time!

There are plenty of snack ideas – and you can even have chocolate! I have plenty of Weight Watcher chocolate bars that I have for a snack (I let myself have one per day) and I also buy flapjacks, muffins and chocolate now and then.

As long as you track everything and eat in moderation, you don’t need to cut out your favourites or your snacks to lose weight. If you do go overboard, get more exercise in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight