Why I Choose the Weight Watchers Diet



There are so many diets out there that it begs the question why I chose to follow the Weight Watchers plan. If you’re thinking about losing weight, you want a plan that you know will work but there are so many other factors involved.

The truth is I tried different plans. I’ve done Slimming World and I tried the Atkin’s Diet. Out of all the plans I’ve tried, Weight Watchers is the only one that I’ve found real success with. Here’s why I decided the Weight Watchers diet was worth a try when I started my recent weight loss journey on September 21, 2012.

I’ve Tried It Before

I know Weight Watchers works. I’ve done it in the past and I even got to my goal weight. By wait, I’ve had to do it again, so surely it doesn’t work? Well, between then and now, I went off track and had a baby, which didn’t really help.

Before trying it the first time it was a friend who suggested it. I then found out my mum had done it in the past and found success, so it was time to give it a try.

It’s a Liveable Plan

There’s no need to cut out my treats, like the odd glass of wine or those takeaways. The whole plan is liveable, especially since the introduction of the Pro-Points plan in 2010. This has always been really appealing compared to some of the “quick fix” diets out there.

Slimming World is supposed to be liveable but I found it really hard. There wasn’t as much freedom when it came to using up points—or syns as they’re called there.

Nothing Is Not Allowed

When I followed the Atkin’s diet I found it really hard. I hated the fact that I had to cut so much out that I enjoyed. Slimming World I found the same that I just had to cut out too much and felt forced to eat things that I wouldn’t usually.

Weight Watchers is more enjoyable. Nothing isn’t allowed, but it’s all about making the right choices and planning ahead. I can have the white pasta instead of the brown if I want. Or I can enjoy that bit of cheese without having to feel guilty.

I Will Keep the Weight Off

I’ve seen people in groups who have been at their goal weight for months and I’ve spoken to some who have been at goal for years. That’s really inspiring and I know I will do it too (bar another pregnancy or anything major happening like that!).

The one thing that I love love love is the fact that there is support after losing weight. Gold members get to attend class for free and access the online stuff at a lower price. They’re not made to weigh in each week, but it is encouraged. There is also the same support from the leader—at least that’s something I’ve found.

I’ll never not follow the Weight Watchers diet now. I recommend it whenever someone tells me they want to lose weight or whenever they ask about how I’ve done it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight