100 Day Challenge Days 17 and 18: A Trial at a High-Pro Pointed Dessert



This weekend I didn’t something on the 100 Day Challenge that I’ve been trying to do for a while. I made a dessert. I knew that it would be very high in pro-points, which is why I decided the weekend would be the best time to do it. In the end, the dessert is 16 pro points per slice! Wow! But for me it has been totally worth it.

The weekend as a whole has been good tracking wise, but I can’t say the same activity wise. I said in my last 100 Day Challenge update that I was going to go to the gym yesterday. That didn’t happen. I woke up in pain every time I breathed. Something in my back had gone and I could barely walk let alone do anything else. It’s eased off today, but I was really disappointed when I realized that I was going to spend most of yesterday in bed. It was a good job I’d bought everything I needed for the dessert already, otherwise I wouldn’t have been making it.

My dessert was a strawberry, chocolate and Oreo dessert. I’ll share the recipe below and will take a photo of it later on when I’m sure my husband will have another piece of it. I’ll be putting it off since my weekend is over.

In the end, I’m now a good amount into my weekly pro point allowance as expected for a Monday morning. I finished yesterday on 42 pro points and Saturday on 26. The rest of my weeklies can be used up over the course of the week as they usually are.

Strawberry, Chocolate and Oreo Tart

32 Oreo Cookies
½ cup butter, melted
200g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
200ml double cream
300g strawberries

Method:

1. Blend the Oreo cookies so they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix together. Line a tart tray with the Oreo mix and place in the fridge.

2. Place the cream into a pan and heat. Don’t allow to boil and avoid simmering.

3. In a bowl, break up the chocolate and pour the heated cream over the top. Leave for a minute and then stir. The chocolate will melt into the cream.

4. Pour over the top of the Oreo base and then top with the strawberries.

5. Place in the fridge for at least two hours, preferably overnight.

It makes enough for eight slices, but you can cut it up however you like. You can also sprinkle with almonds if you want to add a little extra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight