Sometimes you just want something quick and easy to eat. You don’t want to spend hours at the stove chopping, preparing and then cooking.
This chicken and roasted vegetable recipe couldn’t be easier! You just chop it up, pop it in the oven and wait. It’s a high-protein and high-fiber meal, low in calories and perfect for the paleo, Atkins, and Weight Watchers diets.
- Two chicken breasts
- One small red onion
- Two handfuls of spinach
- Four carrots
- Two handfuls of chopped mushrooms
Really, you can choose the amount of veg you want to put on, but this is a guide for a meal that serves two.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Wrap the chicken in foil and place in the oven. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Chop the vegetables. Place them on a baking tray and brush over with olive oil.
- After the chicken has been in for 20 minutes, add the vegetables to the oven. Cook for another 30 minutes. This should allow the chicken to cook all the way through.
- Remove the two baking trays and check the chicken. The juices should run clear. If not, you’ll need to pop in for a little longer.
- Place the vegetables on the plate and then top with chicken. Season to taste.
- It couldn’t be simpler! You can add some balsamic vinegar if you wish, but the meat and veggies really don’t need it. The best thing about it is you’ll be satisfied until the next morning thanks to the high protein and high fiber.
For those following the Weight Watchers diet, the meal is a No Count option or you’ll need to point your chicken breasts and olive oil use.