Finding Life Balance in Your Weight Loss Journey


While I had intentions to start my squat challenge last week, nothing happened. I set the time in the diary and then all my timings went to pot. I tried this three days in the row, and every day I kept finding myself behind. It got to the point that I was stressed and tired about missing everything that I'd set; that I wasn't even getting any needed breaks throughout the day.

For those who don't know, I work from home. I'm a freelance writer and now I've become an editor on a variety of sites. While I completely love my job, it does take up a lot of my time. The more I sit at the desk, the more I realize just why I'm so overweight. But trying to find a life balance in my weight loss journey--or even add my weight loss journey into my life--isn't easy.

I'm done beating myself up for not sticking to a plan. Quite honestly, my weight loss is the last thing on my mind at the moment. I really wish I was at least two dress sizes smaller. I want to be fitter and healthier for my girls, but it's not the top priority at the moment. That will likely change when I go through another summer not fitting into my shorts and later another winter not fitting into my jeans properly. But right now, it's just not that main priority.

This is something a few months ago I wouldn't have dared tell you. How can I offer support or take you on my weight loss journey if I'm not losing weight myself? If I don't put my weight loss first?

Well, I'm still here and sometimes you need to see the downsides. You need to know that sometimes it's okay to put your life first. The key to weight loss is to wanting it. The last time I lost 50lbs, it was my only goal. Nothing else mattered. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and needed to fit into clothes that I hadn't worn in years.

Priorities change in life. What we once wanted isn't something that we want now. Just become someone wants us to do something doesn't mean that we want it for ourselves. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But you do need to look at why it isn't important. That's my assessment for this week. I'm going to understand why weight loss isn't so important to me right now and figure out what is--I already have a sneaky suspicion what it is. I'll come back to you next week with my findings and I'd love for you to do the same thing too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight